The FALAH project
Research and innovation for family farming,
lifestyle and health in the Pacific Islands
FALAH is a multidisciplinary research project of the European H2020 programme. In the context of rapid social economic transition and climate change, this project focuses on family farming, food, lifestyle and health of the populations of the south pacific islands : New-Caledonia, Fidji, Salomon islands and Vanuatu.
Falah is also a network of scientific teams composed of 14 institutions of Europe, Australia and Pacific islands. The project brings together teacher-researchers, researchers and professional actors from the world of agriculture, food and health.
Ensure supplies for urban and rural population
- The transition to sustainable food systems
- Food safety
- Active life
- Populations and environment’s health
Promote sustainable family farming
- A healthy and balanced diet based on local products
- A simple, low-sedentary lifestyle
- The sharing and exchange of traditional and scientific knowledge
Professor of Geography
Dr in Sports Sciences